Saturday, October 4, 2008

NFL Picks-Week Five

It's Week Five of the NFL Season, and that means it's time for the picks. I made a move last week going 8-5 in ATS and moving out of last place in Luke's league. I'm feeling just a hint of confidence, and I'm ready for more. As for my head to head against Barnes picking games straight up, we disagreed on three games last week and I won them all going 9-4 to his 6-7, so he now leads me 33-27 to 31-29. At least I'm over the .500 mark now.


SUNDAY OCTOBER 5TH

Tennessee (-3) @ Baltimore
The Pick: Tennessee
I picked against the Titans last week, but this week I feel like they're going to get it done. These are two similar teams, but I just feel like Baltimore won't get more than maybe 10 points, while Tennessee might get in upwards of 20.

Kansas City @ Carolina (-9.5)
The Pick: Carolina
It's letdown week for the Chiefs. They gave everything they had last week, but they won't have it this week. Larry Johnson says he's back. Well Larry...this isn't Denver's D you're running against this week.

Chicago (-3.5) @ Detroit
The Pick: Chicago
Detroit is terrible. Clock's ticking Marinelli.

Atlanta @ Green Bay (-7)
The Pick: Atlanta (ATS) Green Bay (Straight Up)
I'm still picking the Packers to win, but I think it'll be by a field goal. Let's be honest. The Packers are very very beat up right now, and Michael "The Burner" Turner is gonna get some yards.

Indianapolis (-3) @ Houston
The Pick: Indianapolis
This is the week Peyton starts his work on saving the season. Colts by a lot

San Diego (-6.5) @ Miami
The Pick: San Diego
The Chargers have had some trouble against possession quarterbacks this year, but they'll pull it together this week. A quick aside...Miami doesn't have a single player on its injury report. Must be nice.

Seattle @ New York Giants (-7)
The Pick: New York Giants
If the Seahawks had healthy receivers, I was going to go with them, but their running game will not mess with the Giants. Let's be honest. Deion Branch and Bobby Engram will probably be back this week, but I don't think this is the week they get back on track.

Washington @ Philadelphia (-5.5)
The Pick: Washington
I love the Eagles this season, but Washington's growing on me, and I think Clinton Portis is going to give Philly fits.

Tampa Bay @ Denver (-3)
The Pick: Tampa Bay
Because I think Derrick Brooks might not be human. The game he had last week after being in the league so long was unbelievable.

Buffalo @ Arizona (PK) - just pick the winner
The Pick: Buffalo
I wanted Arizona. Logic says, just take Buffalo Jake. You're always wrong about Arizona. So I say, okay.

Cincinnati @ Dallas (-17.5)
The Pick: Cincinnati (ATS) Dallas (Straight Up)
17.5?? No thank you.

New England (-3) @ San Francisco
The Pick: New England
Bill Belichick doesn't lose after the Bye week. I don't care if Matt Cassell is your quarterback. You're playing against San Francisco.

Pittsburgh @ Jacksonville (-4)
The Pick: Jacksonville
Three defensive linemen out for Pittsburgh against Taylor and Jones-Drew. Give me the Jags run game.

MONDAY OCTOBER 6TH

Minnesota @ New Orleans (-3)
The Pick: Minnesota
Adrian Peterson is fully healthy. NOLa is missing Marques Colston, Sedrick Ellis, Aaron Glenn, David Patten and Jeremy Shockey. Uh yea...I'll go with the Vikes. But who am I to judge. Minnesota's the only team I haven't picked right all season.

Alright. That'll do it. Go Pack Go

No comments: