Sunday, November 30, 2008

NFL Picks Week Thirteen

Well...it was a pretty good week last week that I'm just trying to build on during the stretch run. I went 11-5 against the spread and 10-6 straight up with my one difference being that Seattle covered but didn't win. That brings my season total to 88-73-1. Barnes, only lost one game to my good week, though, staying 9 games ahead of me, 97-64-1. I've got a ways to go if I want to beat him. Here are the picks this week.

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 27TH

Tennessee (-11) @ Detroit
The Pick: Tennessee
The Lions have a tendency to play their most inspired football in front of a Turkey Day audience, but I'm not sure their most inspired football can overcome even an 11 point spread against a pissed off group of Titans.

Seattle @ Dallas (-12.5)
The Pick: Seattle (ATS), Dallas (Straight Up)
I went with the 'Hawks and Hasselbeck last week and he got the cover for me. Can he do it against the 'Boys on the road?? Well...Shaun Hill put up 22 on them. In a 13 point game you say?? What do I have to lose says I. Give me the 'Hawks.

Arizona @ Philadelphia (-3)
The Pick: Arizona
The face that the Eagles are favored against the Cardinals, despite the fact that they have to travel across the country where no west team has won all year...blah, blah, blah...it's laughable. The Eagles may be the second worst team in the NFL right now in front of the Lionesses.

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 30TH

San Francisco @ Buffalo (-7)
The Pick: San Francisco
Two reasons...Shaun Hill has played well recently, and I told you the Bills ship is sinking twice already, and I'm not about to jump off that bandwagon.

Baltimore (-7) @ Cincinnati
The Pick: Baltimore
I'd take this line if it were 20. The Ravens are coming alive.

Indianapolis (-4.5) @ Cleveland
The Pick: Indy
The Browns are going the downward direction, and the Colts are going the upward direction. It seems so simple.

Carolina @ Green Bay (-3)
The Pick: Green Bay
I was supposed to be at this game, but my dad's shoulder isn't healed enough for the cold weather, so we're breaking tradition, which is bad but necessary. Anyway, the Packers and Panthers both got tore up last week, so I'll go with the home team because, A. I said I wouldn't pick against them again, and B. If they don't win this, their season is probably over.

Denver @ New York Jets (-8)
The Pick: New York Jets
J-E-T-S Bretts, Bretts, Bretts!! They'll tear up the mostly young Denver defense just like everyone else has been. It's stunning how many young players Denver has, and the Jets are hitting on all cylinders.

Miami (-8) @ St. Louis
The Pick: Miami
I've already said that I'm the Chad Pennington of touch football, but I'm going to trade in my throwing ball for some receiver gloves in my annual Turkey Bowl Friday. Can I be a Ted Ginn of touch football?? No, but maybe a smaller Anthony Fasano??

New Orleans @ Tampa Bay (-3.5)
The Pick: Tampa Bay
Brees will get yards, but not like he did against the Pack.

New York Giants (-3.5) @ Washington
The Pick: New York Giants
Washington almost lost to Seattle. New York lost to the Browns. The Seattle squeaker is still worse in my book.

Atlanta @ San Diego (-5.5)
The Pick: Atlanta
I still think San Diego favored is laughable. Matty Ice and The Burner taught me a lesson last week that will probably backfire on me this week.

Pittsburgh @ New England (-1)
The Pick: New England
Too much fire power for the Pats at home. Cassell is looking for a pay day.

Kansas City @ Oakland (-3)
The Pick: Kansas City
I don't think da Raidas can string two together.

Chicago @ Minnesota (-3.5)
The Pick: Minnesota
On the fake grass indoors, AD will have a day.

MONDAY, DECEMBER 1ST

Jacksonville @ Houston (-3)
The Pick: Houston
Rosenfels...Rosenfels...Rosenfels. Also, look up the combined stats for Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew. It's not even funny, just sad.

That's all. Go Pack Go

No comments: