Thursday, September 25, 2008

NFL-Week Four ATS Picks

I want to lead off by saying I didn't have a What I Learned or Power Ranking or something this week because I've been a little under the weather.

Second, it's only week four, and I haven't picked one team correctly each week yet this year. Boy am I a joke. I have managed to guess each game wrong for the Dolphins, Jets, Chargers, Redskins, Vikings, Seahawks, and Panthers...and astounding 7 teams. Man...I am a joke. I guess this is where I guarantee to turn it around this week so, yea...I'm gonna turn it around this week!!

Also...I'm 22-25 picking games straight up this season, which is pretty awful. I just need to stay close to Barnes so I can make my move when the time comes. I'm just waiting to pounce!!

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 28TH

Atlanta @ Carolina (-7)
The Pick: Carolina
The only way Matt Ryan gets away from the Carolina front 7 this week is to turn into a real falcon and fly far, far away.

Cleveland @ Cincinnati (-3.5)
The Pick: Cleveland
Boy oh boy is this a matchup...Browns...I don't even want to talk about it.

Houston @ Jacksonville (-8)
The Pick: Houston (ATS), Jacksonville (Straight Up)
I'm playing a hunch that Houston will keep it close this week. Man I hope I'm right. Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans need to step up in a big way and Big Bad Schaub needs to do...something. Ahman Green for 100 yards?? Anyone??

Denver (-9.5) @ Kansas City
The Pick: Denver
Denver gives up a lot of points, but Kansas City really is not good in any facet of the game. Broncos!!

San Francisco @ New Orleans (-6)
The Pick: New Orleans
Brees throws for 400 yards and 5 touchdowns, 2 to Reggie Bush

Arizona @ New York Jets (-1.5)
The Pick: New York Jets
Favre against Warner...first one to 300 yards gets the win. Favrahhhh is usually very good coming off an injury so it bodes well for the J-E-T-S.

Green Bay @ Tampa Bay (-1)
The Pick: Green Bay
It doesn't bode well for the Packers that it's supposed to be 87 degrees outside, them being from Wisconsin and all. How can I pick against them though??

Minnesota @ Tennessee (-3)
The Pick: Minnesota
Tennessee has been good to me this year, and there I go punching the gift horse in the mouth for a team that has brought me nothing but unhappiness (except when the Packers beat them), but here I go taking the Vikings. Here's hoping the Titans win by 1.

San Diego (-7.5) @ Oakland
The Pick: San Diego
I almost picked the Raiders to cover, and then I remembered the beating San Diego put on the Jets last week. No wonder I'm in last place.

Buffalo (-8.5) @ St. Louis
The Pick: St. Louis (ATS), Buffalo (Straight Up)
Buffalo was given 8 last week, and I didn't think they could cover, and for once I was right. Let's try to keep it rolling this week with another close win against the hapless Rams this time.

Washington @ Dallas (-11.5)
The Pick: Washington (ATS), Dallas (Straight Up)
This is usually a close game, but Dallas is a great, great team. Oh well. I'm picking the rivalry.

Philadelphia (-3) @ Chicago
The Pick: Chicago
Chicago has a big time D again, and Donovan and Westbrook are hurting. I want Philly by 2.

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 29TH

Baltimore @ Pittsburgh (-7)
The Pick: Pittsburgh
Rashard Mendenhall gets his first major playing time, and he goes over 100 yards on MNF. Mark it down.

No comments: